Exciting News! the 2,000,000th person read this Magazine 0n 8 September 2017. An innovative new way of promoting tourism in the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales in Australia, selected Australian cities, and featured overseas countries. Featuring MICE and Corporate Travel news, destinations and events. On the right hand side of the page you will find an index of articles by date, by world location, and by popularity. Happy reading!
Thursday, 29 November 2012
Brisbane Region Tops at Queensland Tourism Awards
TheWorkshops Rail Museum
Last Friday, seven exceptional businesses in the Greater Brisbane region were recognised at the prestigious Queensland Tourism Awards.
Running for more than 25 years, the awards acknowledge the outstanding achievements of operators across the State.
Brisbane took out almost a quarter of the total awards, one of the highest scoring regions in Queensland.
Brisbane Marketing CEO John Aitken thought that the high number of Brisbane award winners was a testament to the region's thriving tourism industry.
"I'm not surprised by these results as Brisbane is one of the top performing destinations in Queensland," he said.
"The breadth and quantity of award winners this year proves that Brisbane is the place to eat, stay and play.
"I encourage visitors and locals alike to get out and experience these award-winning products to see why they have been named the state's best."
Brisbane category winners were:
- Best Tourist Attraction was won, for the second time in a row, by Ipswich's The Workshops Rail Museum
- Best Tourism Restaurants and Catering Services was awarded to The Walnut Restaurant & Lounge Bar at Royal on the Park
- Award for best Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries went to Ocean View Estates Winery & Restaurant
- Best Backpacker Accommodation went to Brisbane City YHA
- Best Deluxe Accommodation was won by Spicers Hidden Vale
- Best Luxury Accommodation went to Emporium Hotel
- The Local Government Award for Tourism went to Redland City Council.
The winners will now contend for top spot at the Australian Tourism Awards in Hobart in February 2013.