Monday 30 June 2014

Melbourne couple celebrate milestone visit to the Great Barrier Reef

Possibly some of the Great Barrier Reef's biggest fans, Melbourne couple Jackie and Peter Mihalec celebrated their 45th visit to Hardy Reef last week.

The couple, who drive the 3,000km to the Whitsundays at least once per year, also celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary earlier this year making the milestone that bit more special.

Cruise Whitsundays hosted the couple who first visited Hardy Reef 23 years ago and got hooked. "Every time we visit it is awesome and different," said Mrs Mihalec.

"If there is a current, I love to drift snokel; if it's high tide I love snorkelling over the top of the reef; if it's low tide I like watching the fish hug the reef wall; if it's raining or rough you get a roller coaster ride at the same time - so much fun; I just love it in any condition!" she said.

"I'm 64 and love life, and the main reason I keep coming back to Hardy Reef is that it makes me feel very safe - there is a snorkel rope you can use and the staff are amazing, constantly on snorkel watch and ensuring everyone is looked after."

"I am usually the first person in the water and stay there until the last call for lunch. Many times my husband picks up my lunch and I eat it on the way home!"

Cruise Whitsundays Business Tourism Executive Steve Neale said he had met the Mihalecs on many occasions over the years. "One of the great things about working in the tourism industry is happy customers and it's been wonderful to see the Mihalecs come back year after year and see them enjoy the reef so much and it's nice for them to see so many old faces still around the reef operations and catch up with them each time they visit," he said.

Cruise Whitsundays Contact

If calling from overseas: +61 7 4846 7000
If calling from Australia: 07 4846 7000
Email: info@cruisewhitsundays.com

No comments:

Post a Comment