Tuesday 1 August 2017

King & I Boutique Spa - for the massage that leaves you feeling refreshed and full of energy

King & I Boutique Spa
Recently I stayed a few nights ion Bangkok on my way back home to Australia after attending the Mekong Tourism Forum in Laos. I had heard that Bangkok was famous for its Day Spas and its Traditional Thai Massages. Never having experienced a Thai Massage before, I was keen to try one out.

I chose the King & I Boutique Spa at its.new Sathorn Branch for my Traditional Thai Massage. This was recently opened in 2016 and is located in a quite street off the busy Sathon Tai Road. It is a family run business that was founded in 1999.

I was impressed with the King & I Boutique Spa modern building it was housed in and the plentiful use of lush green plants. The reception area was very welcoming with its traditionally Thai styled interior of floral tapestries, heavy wooden doors, and pictures of the King lining the walls. There are three large golden thrones, which makes you think you are actually in a King's Palace.

King & I Boutique Spa
I was booked for a 7pm Traditional Thai Massage. The reception staff were friendly and spoke good English. I was offered a welcome drink, and an explanation of the massage service. I was the taken up the lift to the floor of individual rooms dedicated for Thai Massages. I changed out of my clothes into a loose fitting golden Thai silk shirt and long pants. My massage room was clean, quiet and relaxing.

I was not sure of what to expect from my Thai Massage, and was worried that it might be too rough for me. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how good my Thai Massage was. It was performed by a professional licensed female therapist who applied just the right amount of firm pressure without it hurting. Several times during the massage she asked if the pressure being used was right for me.

King & I Boutique Spa
My massage ended and I changed back into my clothes and went down the lift where I was offered another hot drink which was lovely. The price for a Thai massage was very fair and the massage was very good.

The King & I Boutique Spa a offers a complete range of massage services, including -
  • Traditional Thai Massage,
  • King & I Oil Massage,
  • Foot Reflexology Massage,
  • Head, Shoulders, Back Massage,
  • Aromatherapy Massage, and
  • Thai Aromatic Herbal Ball.

King & I Boutique Spa
The King & I Boutique Spa uses only use naturally extracted oils for its Aromatherapy treatments. I was pleased to notice that they operate their own laundry facility to maximize the level of hygiene and that they only use allergic-free chemical-free detergents for all linen and towels to prevent any allergic reactions.

The price for a Thai massage was very fair and the massage was very good. I left feeling refreshed and full of energy. The ladies were all very well groomed, lovely, sweet and smiling. When I return to Bangkok I am looking forward to having another massage treatment at the King & I Boutique Spa.


The King & I Spa has 2 branches in Bangkok:

King & I Spa and Massage

Sukhumvit Branch
Sukhumvit Plaza First Floor, Sukhumvit Road, Soi 12, Bangkok
Closest BTS Station: Asoke
Telephone: +662 653 0700
King & I Boutique Spa
Email: spa@kingandi.co.th

King & I Boutique Spa

Sathorn Branch
199/1 Sathorn Neua Road Soi 12
Closest BTS station: Chong Nonsi
Open: 10.00 in the morning to 23.00 at night
Telephone: +662 635 4772
Email: spa@kingandi.co.th


No comments:

Post a Comment